So you discovered a forum while you steal your competitors backlinks? Slow your roll my friend, because when it comes to forums, moderators can be enemy number 1! Every now and again you’ll encounter a forum that is easy pickings that you can just get your link indexed! But because that is usually not the case, you will need to approach your linking to this forum strategically!
In my years of back linking forums I have encountered all manner of annoying rules and obstacles!
- Minimum required number of posts before posting links. This doesn’t translate to post 50 posts in a day so slow play it! Post a few because you want to appear as organic as possible!
- Prohibited from promoting your own content. If you encounter this and the link in your profile is not a do follow, make sure you conceal the fact you’re owner! A good way to do this is by using several other reputable links to reference the forum post.
- Minimum number of member likes before posting links Because you not only need exposure, you need it from forum trolls, you’ll need to draw attention. Post rich content in that caters to regular forum members because gaining favor helping newbies will do you no good!
There are many other stipulations varying from forum to forum not mentioned above, so just make sure you read the rules. So don’t be in a major rush and eventually the backlink will be yours!
Social Platform Backlinks
It’s quite possible when you steal your competitors backlinks you’ll discover a social platform you’ve never heard of. Furthermore perhaps you should take a look at the massive list on wikipedia!
Just because many of the top Alexa ranked social platforms don’t make do follow links accessible, many of them do! So you can get some free backlinks and also domain trust Here is a list of 10!
- Myspace (You’re Fired Tom lol!) Reverbnation.com
- Envato.com (It’s not a social platform but it will juice up your site and social profiles with a seller account!)
- youtube.com (Yes number 2 Alexa gives juice! Hot damn son!)